The Neo AL is an ingenuously designed and manufactured thin client. Its solid steel body can handle the toughest environment, whether it is industrial or rural. Available with both Atom and VIA processors, it serves a variety of functions, delivering performance far in excess of a thin client. It is in fact a complete cloud computing desktop, bundled with both Firefox and Chrome web browsers, and plugins for PDF, Flash and Java. It features a media player that decodes MPEG-4 H.264 and other latest codecs, a complete office suite, videoconferencing, email and chat. Standard thin client protocols like RDP, ICA, X11 and VNC are of course supported, apart from newer protocols like NX, VMware View and SSH.
The M8 fits into both offices and educational institutions, replacing large, power-hungry PCs.
- Fanless System for Noiseless Operation
- Lowest Power Consumption in its class
- Aesthetic, Low Profile Design (0.5L volume)
- Supports a Rich Set of I/O devices and Peripherals
- VESA Mounting Kit included as standard accessory
- Linux-based Thin Client OS
- Firefox and Chrome Web Browsers for cloud computing, with PDF, Flash, Java and media plugins.
- Powerful media player for digital signage applications. Supports H.264, MPEG2, streaming, etc.
- Complete desktop experience – office suite, VoIP and chat client, video-conferencing, email client.
- RDP, ICA and VNC protocols for Remote Desktop connectivity to Windows XP and 7, Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
- X11, XDMCP and VNC connectivity to Linux/UNIX.
- SSH, Telnet, VT100 and VT220 terminal emulation.
|Processor||VIA C7 – 1.6 GHz|
|Graphics||Hardware graphics acceleration through CN700 chipset|
|Memory||DDR2 1GB. Expandable to 2GB.|
|Storage||2GB Flash. Expandable to 16GB.|
|Also supports SATA 2.5” HDD.|
|Display||Up to 1920 × 1440, 32-bit colour|
|Networking||10/100Mbps Ethernet Port|
|802.11b/g/n WLAN (Optional)|
|PPP dialup for GPRS, CDMA, 3G.|
|PPPoE for ADSL. Supports all|
|Indian ISPs and USB modems.|
|I/O Ports||1 × RJ-45 with diagnostic LEDs|
|4 × USB 2.0|
|1 × 15-pin VGA connector|
|1 × 9-pin serial|
|1 × 25-pin parallel|
|3 × Rear Audio: In/Out/Mic|
|1 × Power Switch|
|Diagnostic LEDs||Power On/Off. HDD Activity.|
|External Power Adaptor||Input: 100 ~ 240V AC|
|Dimensions||70 × 250 × 185mm|
|Peripheral support||Drivers for all popular printers,|
|scanners and multifunctionals.|
|Biometric authentication and signon.|
|Smart card, RFID, magnetic stripe|
|and bar code readers.|
|Operating Temperature||0 ~ 35°C|