Posts tagged linux
Awesome Farms and Resorts is a world class facility resort set on 20 acres of land surrounded by Arraveli hills at the backdrop and has lush gardens and trees. It is a destination for Corporate residential conferences and parties. It has two conference room, a banquet hall and ample of open area for theme parties like poolside party, terrace party etc.
Thinvent has provided Awesome with a high-tech solution for all their IT needs. As a world class destination, aesthetics are very important for Awesome. At the same time, they need to provide always-on ubiquitous computing to their guests. Their guest reservation and backend processes are also IT driven.
Awesome has installed Thinvent’s M2 thin clients at their guest reception, lobby, conference rooms, and in a public web cafe. These thin clients are connected using Ethernet networking to a server provided by us.This server runs the Linux operating system, and acts as a router and firewall to their VSAT Internet connectivity.
Solutions for the Networked Client
Developers have always sought for new and innovative ways to take their applications to their users. For far too long, Windows based PCs and thin clients were the only client side systems available. Cloud computing has changed all that. With the ubiquity of the Internet and mobile devices, user expectations have completely transformed. Thinvent helps you reach your applications to this new generation of users.
Our software products have been devised with your needs in mind:
- How can we rapidly deploy applications nationwide?
- How does one interact with a plethora of client side peripherals, when using server side computing?
- How do we monitor and manage this vast network of disparate devices?
- How can different teams like network, hardware, data centre and application development, work together to rapidly resolve customer issues.
- I can maintain server uptime at my data centre, but how to I deliver uptime in the field? Can server side applications be delivered on the clients, even when the network is unavailable? How do we synchronise data in such scenarios?
By resolving the above problems, we have enabled numerous government projects to scale to the farthest corners of the country.
- Thinux – a complete desktop OS, that is easy to use, remotely manageable, and highly customisable.
- Managed Clients that lets you capitalise on the ruggedness of thin client hardware, while providing you all the features of a complete PC.
- Network Management System – End to end monitoring of your infrastructure – applications, databases, servers, clients, network, and client side peripherals such as printers.
- Remote Management and Monitoring – An integral part of Thinux, RMM lets you manage your devices through the browser, and also graphically monitor key performance indicators.
Thinvent is a pioneer in the emerging field of rapid embedded development. In the era of convergence, the difference between computers, mobile phones and media players has vanished. There is a huge demand for a plethora of devices that handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Time to market is everything. Customer expectations on performance and features is very high. Traditional embedded development lifecycles simply cannot deliver this speed and agility.
Thinvent provides you with the right set of products and services, that can help you rapidly convert your concepts into saleable products. Our close interaction with leading Silicon vendors, board designers and manufacturers, as well as our command on the Linux OS, allows us to deliver the complete package to you.
Thinvent is proud to have designed and launched India’s first Linux based ARM thin client. Weighing 300 grams and occupying only 400ml of space, the M1 is easily mounted behind any LCD monitor. While it consumes less than 4 watts of electricity, its powerful ARM processor can seamlessly connect to Windows and Linux servers using the RDP, X11 and VNC protocols. Web based remote monitoring and management are bundled within the Linux based firmware of the Micro 1.
Update: The M1 is no longer available ex-stock. It needs to be
Call us now on +91-124-425-2359 or +91-99903-44889, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help you design a complete IT solution using the M1. Thinvent also provides networking, enterprise servers, UPS, software, LCD displays, etc., delivering a turnkey IT solution to you. You can also fill up our online contact form and our marketing executives will get in touch with you.