Thinux is a Thinvent’s Embedded Linux environment for client side devices. It converts an x86 (VIA, Atom) or ARM based thin client into a standalone computing device. This combines the ruggedness and cost effectiveness of thin client hardware with the versatility and performance of a PC.
From cloud computing to Win32 binaries, we’ve made all kinds of business applications work on Thinux. Whether you are making a kiosk, a ticketing terminal, or interactive digital signage, Thinux can be adapted to meet your exact needs.
- Factory reset functionality that removes any misconfiguration and allows the device to boot again.
- Read only, compressed image. Footprint as low as 64MB.
- Copy on write functionality permits on the fly changes to the file system.
- All forms of connectivity – Ethernet, DSL, 3G, GPRS, Wi-Fi, VSAT and VPN.
- Strong support for Indic localisation of applications and content.
- Remote management and monitoring through the web browser. Just point your browser to the IP address of the device, to disable devices, upgrade firmware and applications, monitor CPU temperature, etc.
- Preconfigured drivers for all manners of peripherals – biometric authentication, UPS control, smart card access, etc.
- Highly customisable UI that prevents misuse and ensures easy maintenance. Colour swatches on the task bar enable easy over-the-phone debugging of common problems such as loss of connectivity or printer malfunction.
- Support for disconnected working of server side applications. From J2EE apps to legacy terminal programs, we have ported all kinds of applications to run locally on the thin client in the case of a network failure. When connectivity is restored, the client and server data stores are synchronised in the background.
- A Feature List of Thinux Embedded Linux
- Read more about our Solution for IT in India.
- Read about the Features of Thinux for Rural Tele-centre Operators.