Customer: KMBB College of Engineering, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha
- High Acqusition cost of PCs
- Desire to Green
- Provide a world class computing experience to students
- Differentiate itself from other colleges by being a technology leader.
- Optimise utilisation of lab space and provide ubiquitous computing.
- 130 × Uno 19V thin clients
- 2 × ES5500 servers
- Ubuntu Linux based terminal server setup
Comments of Dr. Dhanada Mishra, Director KMBB College of Engineering:
We at KMBB College of Engineering and Technology have been keen to explore Free and Open Source Software for all our needs. While adopting Ubuntu and OpenOffice, we also became interested in Thin Client-Server architecture which lend themselves naturally and effectively to Open Source Operating and Application Software environment. When we were looking at our options, Thinvent’s products were really outstanding and with out any comparable competing alternative in the market. The cost savings associated with its unique architecture and innovations incorporated in the heat sink system as well as the elimination of moving parts which make them very robust and operational in harsh environmental conditions make it attractive. We are very excited to be working with Thinvent on these developing and cutting-edge trends which have important implications for educational computing scenario in the country.