- By using the Remote Desktop Connection application
- By using the mstsc command.
Remote Desktop Connection is a GUI based application approach while the MSTSC is the
Windows PowerShell approach or the command line approach. If you are on the same network or know the IP address or the remote computer, you can use MSTSC to set up the connection in seconds. The syntax of the MSTSC is
[: ]: Specifies the remote computer and, optionally, the port number to which you want to connect.
- /admin: Connects you to a session for administering the server.
- /f: starts Remote Desktop Connection in full-screen mode
- /w and /h: Specifies the width and height of the Remote Desktop window.
- /public Runs Remote Desktop in public mode. In public mode, passwords and bitmaps are not cached.
- /edit Opens the specified .rdp file for editing.