Software Developer – embedded Linux, C
Job Location: Gurgaon
The Linux developer role at Thinvent is very exciting. You get to build new features and maintain existing ones in our flagship product – Thinux Embedded Linux. Thinux is a Linux distribution that Thinvent builds in-house, and licenses to large organisations across India and the world. You also work on our cloud based manageability product, as well as build APIs for remote peripheral access.
At Thinvent, we program in C, bash, HTML5, Perl and Python. We work with a number of open source communities, contributing code upstream and behaving like responsible users of free software. Your typical day will involved writing kernel drivers, CUPS filters, terminal emulators, Munin plugins, and cloud management applications. You will debug serial and USB communication, optimize the kernel for specific architectures, benchmark and test hardware to the point of destruction, port uboot to new platforms, and write multi-threaded web applications that can handle thousands of simultaneous connections.
- Development, deployment and maintenance of Linux based products
- Intimate Familiarity with the Linux operating system
- Open Source development and real world C programming experience
- Flexibility to handle a variety of tasks and frequent context switches
- Strong skills in design, development, debugging, and problem solving
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team-oriented environment
- Prior participation in and contribution to open source projects is a plus
- Attention to detail and a process orientation
- Solid verbal, written communication skills are essential
Job Location: Gurgaon
The MT role at Thinvent is an exciting opportunity to work in different roles at a fast growing startup. It gives you exposure to a variety of functions such as marketing, sourcing, production planning, hiring, business plan and forecasting, and sales.
Candidates will be handling one or more of the following roles at any time. These roles will be rotated every few months.
- Sourcing Coordinator: Source components for Thinvent’s products. Should be great at juggling spreadsheets. Knowledge of Mandarin a plus.
- Marketing: Comfortable building presentations, case studies, writing blogs and copywriting for websites. Report market activity to management by monitoring and analyzing competitive price lists and products.
Strong written, verbal, analytical and presentation skills. Ability to interact effectively. Position requires proficiency in the use of computers and the Internet. Good oral and written English skills. Should be ambitious to learn and grow. Learn to interact with overseas clients and vendors. Learning how to manage deliverables. Analysis and presentation of relevant data in a specific format.
The idea candidate would possess an undergraduate degree in engineering or related fields, with a desire to pursue a management degree a few years from now after gaining relevant experience. Candidates with an existing MBA degree may also apply.
Job Location: Gurgaon
Thinvent is looking for Mechanical Engineers to develop products for the post-PC world. If you are interested in and capable of product design, this is the right job for you.
Your typical day will involve doing sheet metal and milled metal chassis design for HMI, industrial computers, all-in-one computers and kiosks. You will model different electronics and passive components in 3D. You will then design enclosures around these chassis, keeping in mind simplicity and elegance of design, manufacturability, thermal and mechanical considerations, dust protection etc. You will work with our vendors and production team to fabricate prototypes of your design, iterate, and see your designs all the way through mass production and field installation.
- Intimate Familiarity with 3D design software such as Solidworks 2012.
- Solid understanding of sheet metal fabrication techniques such as punching, laser cutting, CNC bending, PEM insertion, powder coating, anodising, etc.
- Understanding of milling and other manufacturing processes. Ability to use a mill with your own hands, without needing an operator’s assistance.
- Ability to work with mechanical fabrication vendors, for both prototyping and mass manufacturing.
At Thinvent, we learn every day. We don’t just design in 3D software – we utilise every feature the softwares offer, such as vibration analysis, motion study, assembly and disassembly, etc. If you are not prepared to be challenged, don’t bother applying. Be a self learner. Be able to find answers online and in books. Push the boundaries of your knowledge and ability. Go beyond what has been done before in the design of computing devices. Listen to our customers, understand their needs. Work with tools. If you don’t know how to hold a file, bend some steel, or tinker with machines, you won’t fit in to the hands-on work environment at Thinvent.
Job Location: Gurgaon
Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory. We are looking for someone with a strong technical background. Develop and implement agreed upon Marketing Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area. Work within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
- Responsible for the sales of computer hardware, software and solutions to government, large industries, retail and other verticals.
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas listed above. You should be able to effectively deliver presentations and product walkthroughs to customers.
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with Sales Manager, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Sales Representative on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
- Maximise all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from larger competitors.
- Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Assist in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, the effects of the problems, and Thinvent’s solutions to their problems.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Responsible for identifying and building relationships with key System Integrator partners in the assigned territory.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of CRM software to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Participate and contribute to the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects and company employees.
- Strong technical background is a must.
- 4-6 years of sales experience in the enterprise software or automation industry.
- Experience with enterprise software solutions and large, complex organizations.
- Experience in retail, enterprise and industrial automation.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work in a team of professionals.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
How to Apply
Mail your resumes, along with a small writeup, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in your email.