Automatic Ticket Vending Machines (ATVM) were introduced by Indian Railways to reduce passengers queuing up at the ticket counters at Railway stations. ATVMs are touch screen based ticketing kiosks operated using Smart Cards. The passengers can purchase and recharge Smart Cards from ticket counters. The Smart Card has to be placed on a slot in the ATVM and user has to select the route and destination using the touchscreen. After confirming the details, the ticket is printed and delivered. Once the ticket is issued, charge is debited from the smart card. The interface and the enabling software include a graphic display of route maps as well as trilingual menu options. It is cashless, convenient and a service that is available round the clock.
Thinvent has developed rugged hardware and a stable Linux based firmware to power the Automatic Ticket Vending Machines. Thinvent’s ATVM thin clients are rugged computers based on technology developed from the ground up to be usable in harsh Indian conditions.
- The equipment withstand heavy usage 24 hours a day, 365 days an year.
- The equipment is expected to withstand dust, heat, user ignorance, and lack of good power, at some of the remotest locations across the country.
- Reliable and good quality printing is needed to counter counterfeiting.
- Machines need to be reliable and secure.
- Supports the Indian Railways application and backend for ticketing.
- Supports Smart Card Reader, Touch Screen Calibration Utility
- Supports all Indian languages.